***THESE ARE NOT VEGAN, BUT I’M LEAVING THEM ON MY SITE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO GOOD AND IF YOU NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING FOR A SICK FRIEND OR HOUSEBOUND CHURCH FRIEND, THIS IS IT!!!***
This recipe is for 6 muffins. I usually double it to make 12. If they won’t be eaten by the following day, it is better to store in the fridge.
Before you start:
Melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil and let it cool down
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temp
3 eggs, room temp is best
1/3 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
One good handful of really really good chocolate chips (Ghiradelli!)
- Mix the dry ingredients well, use a whisk to make sure there are no clumps.
- Beat the eggs really well then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. Coconut flour absorbs and needs a few minutes.
- Prepare muffin tin with papers or spray or both.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups. These do not rise much at all so you can fill close to the top.
- Bake 32 minutes at 350 degrees. (It is 32 in my oven, anyway.)
ENJOY — so delicious.
Little tidbit — I buy the large cans of pumpkin and freeze them in 1/3 cup portions